CHIEF ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Description and Responsibilities
The Alaska Association of Conservation Districts is made up of two separate, but related functions.
First, it serves as an “Association” of the individual Soil and Water Conservation Districts (currently 12 in Alaska) to provide a forum for education, promotion, and communication between the individual districts.
Second, it serves as a 501(c) “non-profit business entity” providing administrative, financial, human resources, and some limited program support to the individual Districts. The 501 (c) Corporation is operated by a 12-member Board of Directors (one representative of each of the 12 Districts).
The Chief Administrative Officer provides the necessary financial, human resources, and reporting services necessary, and assists and advocates on behalf of the districts to accomplish their goals and objectives.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Promote and facilitate effective working relations with Federal, State and Regional Governments.
- Promote and advocate working relationships with Private Organizations, Corporations and Foundations.
- Outreach through public speaking, creative writing and forming a positive image for the Association.
- Responsible for the fiscal management of the Association’s income and expenses.
- Revenue and cost projections and preparation of an annual budget for Board approval.
- Provides the Board of Directors with quarterly financial statements and annual reports to the Association membership.
- Oversees the accounting, payroll, records, and reporting functions of the Association and ensures that state and federal legal obligations are complied with.
- Arranges for independent audits as needed.
- Prepares and Manages Association and AACD pass through contracts, grants, and reporting in accordance with state and federal requirements and contract/grant terms and conditions.
- Serves as the Association’s Risk Manager.
- Responsible for Association personnel management and records in accordance with state and federal regulations and Association’s personnel policies.
- Develops and implements personnel policy and maintains the AACD Employee Manual with approval of the Board.
- Oversees Association benefits programs and complies with federal reporting requirements.
- Responsible for AACD Office employee orientation, required employee training (sexual harassment, drug and alcohol abuse, etc.).
- B.S. or B.A. degree in business administration, accounting, finance, public administration, or a related field, and at least 3–years management experience. A combination of related college course work, continuing education or proven professional management experience may be substituted for the above.
- Experience with Quick books Premier
- Oral and written communication; proficient computer skills, report preparation, and proposal/grant preparation and reporting.
- Organizational management, employee supervision, financial reporting and management.
- Grant Management
- Knowledge and experience at working with local, state and federal government decision-making processes.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with local, state, and federal work plan and budget reporting requirements.
- A proven high degree of self-motivation and original thinking.
- A proven high degree of effective communication that will contribute to the success of the Associations individual Conservation Districts and their individual professional and technical staff/team.
- Experience in accounting, including federal and state reporting requirements, and small business administrations.
- Must pass a Federal Background Check
- Experience in human resource management, including hiring, discipline, grievance procedures, training, and termination.
- Must maintain a valid Alaska driver’s license and have a personal vehicle for transportation (mileage paid).
Salary based on experience.
Personal leave is accrued per pay period.
Twelve, (12) paid federally recognized holidays.
Health insurance benefits are available through the Association’s health insurance program.
A deferred compensation (retirement) package is available through Lincoln Financial Group.
May 12, 2014