“Building Alaska’s Agriculture”
November 3, 2017 – Lands End Resort – Homer, AK
Doors open at 8:00 am with welcoming remarks by Alaska Farm Bureau President, Bryce Wrigley, at 8:30am.
We are excited with our line-up of speakers and topics! We are especially excited at the opportunity to hear from Zippy Duvall, President of the American Farm Bureau Federation during our Friday Forum and Annual Meeting! Join us in giving him a big Alaska Farm Bureau welcome to our great state!
Also on the agenda:
- Arthur Keyes, Director of the Division of Agriculture
- “Starting a Business”: Bryan Zak with the Small Business Development Center will cover basic issues faced when starting a small business such as business licensing, legal forms of business, business record-keeping, hiring employees, business planning and access to financing.
- Why Accurate Ag Stats are Important to Farmers: Suzan Benz, State Statistician with USDA will be getting us ready for the 2017 Census of Agriculture
- Bogard Food Hub: Mobile Poultry Processing and More!
- Moving Forward with FSMA Produce Safety Rule:
- Keeping Bees and What to do with all Their Goods!
- Using an Online Food Hub to Reach Markets; Kyra Wagner, District Manager, Homer Soil and Water Conservation District
- Dr. Gerlach, State Veterinarian, will give an Update on the Mycoplasma Ovipneumonoiae Study in Sheep and Goats.
- Future Land Sales: New Idea-Phased Ag!
- Marketing with Social Media, Website and Print Material – Wendy Kenney, 23Kazoos
Be sure and stay for the Friday night Awards Banquet and Scholarship Auction! All proceeds from the auction go to students going into Agriculture or Natural Resources fields.
5:30 Cash Bar opens in our same meeting room
6:00 Banquet, scholarship auction